Wednesday, August 19, 2009

BELIEVE IT OR NOT

BELIEVE IT OR NOT
If you told me you believed that Brett Favre was going to play for the Minnesota Vikings I'd understand. If you told me you didn't believe he'd ever play, I also would understand. If you told me you had no freaking idea what was happening, I'd totally understand. The back and forth, see-saw type responses that Favre has given the fans and the media might be the most comical thing I have seen in the sport in a long time. I actually laugh at the guy while some are appalled. It just shows you how great of a player Brett has been over the years and how desperate these owners and coaches can be to get to a Superbowl in a business where only winning matters. Forget about integrity. Forget about loyalty. Forget about doing what's right. You have to wonder how Tavaris Jackson feels about the organization now? Can you really develop this kid to be a great quarterback? Can he ever really trust them? If Favre is the old Favre the Vikings can now be one of the best teams in the NFC. But if he's not do you go back to Jackson? How would that look? Favre has perfected the in-and-out move almost better than my man Chris Paul, the best point guard in the NBA.

NEVER EVER
I'd try my hand at a lot of sports. But I don't think I'd ever race Usain Bolt. Not even if you paid me a million dollars. There are many ways you can get embarrassed in sports. But I think there are two things that are the worst. One is getting knocked out in boxing and the other is getting smoked in a 100 or 200 meter dash. Nothing looks more pathetic then running your hardest and getting dusted by a far superior athlete. Bolt does this for a living. I am starting to wonder how it can be humanly possible. The man ran a 9.58!!! A new world record. I don't care what type of advantage you gave me. You could give me a bike and I wouldn't race the dude. I don't believe I could pick up enough speed in less than 10 seconds to beat him. No way no how. Never ever ever ever would I race this guy. He is a freak!! But hey on another note, let's stop with the football talk. I was watching PTI and they were debating it. Pleeaassse. The first time he runs across that middle and gets popped by a strong safety he'd realize that it didn't matter how fast you can run. Football is a man's game and the harder and faster you run into a brick wall the worst the result.

SHAQ VS.
Ok people you need something funny to watch? Check out Shaq's new reality show Shaq vs. on ABC. I played with the guy so I know how hilarious he is. He once tied rookie Devean George to a chair put him in an elevator and pushed all the buttons to each floor. One time he even told us about how good a football player he could've been, then lined up in a three point football stance and ran George and I over in the locker room. He made us do it, even though we attempted to decline. So is the life of an NBA rookie. He has always been a clown. And he doesn't disappoint in his new show as he takes on the Pittsburgh Steelers' two time super bowl winning quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. Big Shaq actually looked pretty good out their on the gridiron. Again, the dude is a natural comedian. You can check him out here.


UPTOWN
Much props to David Stern. I now have a higher level of respect for my man D-Stern as he hopped on the 1 train. Ok maybe he drove, but however he did it he traveled uptown to Harlem to speak with a couple of brothers in the barbershop. Now hey, we all know that when you're in the barbershop anything goes. You can't dodge any questions and you have to meet them head on. He tackled everything from the Ron Artest saga, to the Dress Code, to the NBA's age limit. David Stern was more unflinching than Michael Vick as he tackled question after question at Mosaic Cuts Barbershop on the corner of 125th and Amsterdam Avenue in the heart of Harlem. He was invited by columnist William C. Rhodes who sometimes appears on the "Sport Reporters." The NBA is a black league. Harlem is a black area. How many commissioners would show up in the heart of the inner city just to talk some hoop with regular cats from around the way? Whether calculated or not a huge move by David Stern. He couldn't of did more if he wore some Sean John jeans and a oversized baseball fitted cap backwards to the NBA draft. And by the way Stern, I don't ever want to see something like this ever again!



1 comment:

  1. On Farve. What’s crazy is teams were actually negotiating with him way before Michael Vicks name came up! One guy put it best. Adding Michael Vick instantly sells you tickets, adding Bret Farve instantly puts you in the playoffs. Even if that is the case, Farve has got to develop a second career. Can you say Farvevision…..?

    In the time it took me to type this sentence, Bolt crossed the finish line twice!! But I agree about the football thing. Remember Skeets Nehemiah from Scotch Plains New Jersey? Nobody else does either. He was the greatest hurdler of all time. I think his 110HH world record still stands. Drafted by the San Francisco 49ers as a receiver. One crossing pattern and a strong safety later, his career was over. Stick to track Bolt. The guy running next to you isn’t trying to take your head off!!!

    On Shaq. Remember what I said about Farve and second careers? Get your money and run Shaq…

    On David Stern. He has made more black millionaires than all college grad schools, combined. I just hope he doesn’t get bored and do something stupid like run for President….

    ReplyDelete