Thursday, August 13, 2009

CELEVISION IS BACK!!!

MAYBE YOU BELONG IN THAT BOX!
Ok so I know this is old news, but CELEVISION has been on vacation for awhile so I have to catch up. First and foremost let me say, Stephon was one of my favorite players growing up. I played against him numerous times in AAU in New York City and actually used to play well against him. I got mad love for the dude. He is my era in the NBA. But seriously, I am scared for him now. I knew he was off when he showed up at a Knicks vs. Lakers game in a court side seat as a spectator when he was still under contract with the Knicks! He paid for his own seat!! What a gutsy, hilarious move, but yet still insane. If you haven't seen his 24 hour salute to himself then you just don't get it. His favorite line was to constantly shout "They tried to put me in a box!" Damn Steph! Not you. Such a sad day for Brooklyn. I didn't want to see him like this. The man was eating Vaseline on camera!! He thinks they tried to put him in a box. I say he belongs there, in a straight jacket.


RICK PITINO
People make me laugh when they get so extreme over things. Ok I am sure you heard that Rick Pitino was doing more than drawing up offensive sets in 2003. He was getting his swerve on. In no way am I defending the man. But hey, should the guy lose his job? Hell no! Pitino is a devout Catholic but it's not like he's at a Catholic University! He's a basketball coach, not a marriage counselor. He expertise is X's and O's obviously not marriage. He's still working on that. People kill me when they say "Hey I wouldn't send my kid there now." Well hey Pitino isn't recruiting your scrub kid! The man shouldn't lose his job. This guy didn't, and he lied right in our face! A word to the wise. Don't think you can creep move on and it will just go away. This was way back in 2003 and six years later this man is paying for it! And by the way, what kind of chick is this that Pitino was messing with? This woman, whom I won't even waste time mentioning her name accuses Pitino of rape and then tries to extort him for $10 Million. She married the Louisville Cardinals' strength coach at the school! That means she's been brushing shoulders with Pitino for years! What a joke! Is there any honor among thieves?


SAY WHAT?
Anybody who grew up playing ball in the playgrounds can understand this story. When we were kids whenever we would make a move to basket you had your signature player. You would yell out the guys name in the middle of your move to let everyone on the playground know where the move originated or who your player was. Everybody knows this. Most kids when they were in the air would yell "JORDAN!!!" Some kids after making a nice no look pass would yell "MAGIC!!!" A few kids would try to pull off the sky hook and yell "KAREEM!!" Those were the days. I grew up in the Heights section of Piscataway, NJ a mostly black area. There was one white kid that would come to the court and play with us. I will never forget the day he made a move to the basket and yelled out the unthinkable. He shot the ball in the air and yelled "RAMBIS!!" It was like those movies when everything just stops. We all looked around, like "Say what?" Then we all burst out laughing, most of us almost in tears. Rambis was probably the goofiest looking guy in the league. He wore these thick glasses. Not even goggles but glasses. He really had no game. But Rambis was tough! He was a hustler! It took me years to understand that, to finally come to respect it. Now, as head coach he has a very tough job with the Minnesota Timberwolves. A tough job for a very tough dude! Glad Kevin McHale's not still there. You two definitely wouldn't get along.


PROMOTION
I have always liked Terell Owens. More so because he has always produced. He may have a big mouth, he may be a spoiled brat, he may turn on you quicker than gold digger after your contract is up, but he always gets it done on Sunday. I think what he did in standing up for Michael Vick took a lot of courage. I even give him the credit for getting me to go harder in the gym. The dude is ripped! And even my wife is watching his reality show and talking about she wants to get into football now. I come home and there she is with her eyes glued to the television watching dude's show. So now I have doubled the situps and crunches because I'm not going to let him steal my wife. But I have to admit, his show is pretty good. T O knows his career is winding down and all he is doing is promoting himself. It's not like he's doing a Stephon Marbury, he's letting us into his personal life about things we really care to know about (sorry Steph). Glad that T O is getting that publicity now because come season time he won't be heard from again. Sorry Buffalo but your city maybe one of the worst places on the NFL map. Your city is known for wings and its proximity to Niagra Falls. That says a whole lot of nothing. I hope my wife gets a good look now, because he will vanish soon enough and then I'll be back to reclaim my throne as the sexiest man in the house.


WELCOME BACK?
I am really happy that Mike Vick gets a second chance as an Eagle. Philadelphia, is the perfect city for him. The fans are about results and the city of Philadelphia will not care about his baggage. I am rooting for the man more than I am rooting for any athlete in any sport this year. Has he paid his dues? Yes. Does he deserve another chance? Without a doubt. This is a country known for giving second chances. Some that come to mind are Bill Clinton, Mike Tyson, Allen Iverson, Lawrence Taylor, Dwight Gooden, Darryl Strawberry, Jessie Jackson, Malcolm X, Martha Stewart, the list goes on. Why is Vick any different? He isn't. And when he runs or throws for the first touchdown I am going to be the first one out of my seat jumping around. So many people have slipped up, so many people have been punished and so many people have come back. I say "Good luck" to Michael Vick. Sometimes comebacks are even sweeter.


No comments:

Post a Comment